- 1. WARRANTY STATEMENT
- 1.1 QMN warrant hydraulic cylinders manufactured by us to be new (unless otherwise specified) and free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 2 years and 1 year for earthmoving and heavy transport equipment applications (the “Manufacturer’s Warranty”).
- 1.2 New parts provided under the terms of this warranty are warranted for the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the parts being replaced as if such parts were the original parts. Items replaced under this warranty become the property of QMN.
- 1.3 In relation to Products supplied by us to which a Manufacturer’s Warranty does not apply, we warrant the Product to be new (unless otherwise specified) and free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 12 months.
- 1.4 The warranty period commences on the date of the invoice to the original purchaser.
- 1.5 The warranty applies only while the Product is owned by the original purchaser.
- 1.6 We reserve the right to replace defective parts of the Product with parts and components of similar quality, upgrade and composition.
- 1.7 We reserve the right to change or discontinue our product ranges at any time without notice and without liability.
- 2. LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- 2.1 Where a defect appears in the Product before the end of the warranty period and we find the Product to be defective in materials or workmanship, we will replace the Product (or the defective part of the Product) with the product comparable in quality and value.
- 2.2 Any warranty by us excludes liability for costs in connection with:
2.2.1 Labour to remove or install parts and components removed, modified or installed by the customer or service provider other than a service provider authorised by us;
2.2.2 Standby, freight, transportation, travel, travel time, packaging and handling, demobilisation and re-mobilisation, commissioning, testing, re-sequencing and time loss.
- 2.3 The customer warrants that any claim by it on warranty is valid and one to which the warranty relates, and to the extent that the customer makes an invalid warranty claim, the customer must pay us at our standard rates for any product, labour and travel supplied to investigate that claim.
- 3. EXCLUSIONS
- 3.1 This warranty does not apply in the following circumstances:
3.1.1 Products are not installed within product specifications at QMN’s discretion;
3.1.2 We cannot establish any fault in the Product after testing and inspection;
3.1.3 Product has been used other than for the purposes for which it was designed;
3.1.4 Product has been subject to abnormal conditions, including temperature, water, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
3.1.5 The purchaser has used or fitted non-genuine, non-approved or used parts and accessories to the Product;
3.1.6 The alleged defect in the Product is arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident by the purchaser;
3.1.7 The alleged defect in the Product has arisen due to the purchaser’s failure to properly assemble, fit, maintain, use or store the Product;
3.1.8 The alleged defect in the Product is arisen due to the overloading of the product beyond it specified or recommended capacities;
3.1.9 The damage to, or failure of, the Product has resulted from contaminated lubricants, creases, fluids, fuels or gases of any kind being introduced to the system in any way by the purchaser;
3.1.10 Recommended service schedule has not been maintained by the purchaser;
3.1.11 Delay in making the Product available after being notified of a potential problem;
3.1.12 Normal wear and tear;
3.1.12 Metal fatigue.
- 3.2 This warranty does not extend to expendable parts for the replacement of parts.
- 4. LIMITATIONS
We make no express warranties or representations other than as set out in this Warranty. This Warranty does not cover any type of liquidated or consequential losses whatsoever incurred by the purchaser as a result of Product failure.
- 5. HOW TO CLAIM
Any warranty claims together with proof of purchase and full details of the alleged defect must be forwarded to email@example.com. The customer is responsible for giving timely notice of a warrantable failure and promptly making the Product available to us. The cost of removal and transport of the Product to and from us for the purpose of assessment is the purchaser’s responsibility.
QMN will assess the warranty claim on the return of the goods and determine responsibility for the fault. Only complete Products will be considered. On claims approved, QMN will replace the Product. On claims rejected, an estimated cost to replace the goods will be forwarded to the customer for their perusal.
- 6. FOR CONSUMERS
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.